Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This world is not my home

This week I was blessed to hear an honest message from God, a constant reminder that this world is not our home.  So often I want to be comfortable, I want to avoid suffering simply because I buy into this Idea God wants better for us because He loves us..  He does love us, but his plan for us is so much bigger than our comfort.  God wants nothing of us, He needs nothing from us,  He loves us so deeply, but this world is a dying world, it's simply a shadowland. 
If we suffer, we must give Him the glory, because it's so much better on the other side. 
When we have loss, we need to give Him the glory, because there is no loss on the other side. 
When we have pain, we must give Him the glory, because there is no pain in Heaven. 
When we see evil, we must give Him the glory, because there is no evil in Him. 
When we are given much, we give Him Glory... Don't we?   Maybe..  Sometimes we might recite a prayer... a speech of thanksgiving, a mumble of praise.  
We live in a fallen world, and I want to live Gloriously giving all praise to my King, my Creator, my Savior, my God.  It was God who saved us, who provides for us, and allows us to see this depraved and wicked world for what it is.  It is also God who created perfection, though I don't think I can even comprehend a world that isn't bent to sin. 

I would recommend if you have time this week, listen to this little sermon:  CrossPointe

No comments: