Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Looking forward to Advent... Looking forward to Christ's Return

Advent to many of us is a time when we open the calendar with the doors and the hidden chocolate, or maybe it's the decorations, or maybe it's the shopping, the food the festivities.  But, do we often get wrapped up in the festivals, and forget the true meaning.  Advent is looking forward to the coming of Christ, the savior of the world, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and remembering his first entrance into the world (incarnation) and His return.  Often when I think about Jesus's return I think about Jesus's parable of the ten virgins  in Matthew 25:1-3.   When I celebrate Christmas with the folly and festivity, am I also putting oil in my lamp?  Am I prepared for His return?  Am I foolish, or am I wise?  Or will I simply fall in to the daze of Christmas, and not even remember the reasons for the season.   Be prepared... His return is imminent.

No comments: