Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Remove the Idols of My life

One of my things, my most important thing is to Glorify God and enjoy him forever. This has been a constant review in my daily study. Today I was read 2 Chronicles 23 and 24. It's a story of a Priest who was trying to rid the Idols of the nation, and one thing was to find a true king who would lead his people. The Wicked ruler Athaliah lead the people to worship baal. God was not pleased, and the new king a young man Joash was to refurbish the temple of the true God. But he too had Idols which lead to his destruction. No one is perfect, and we all have Idols in our lives. God often is merciful and gives us an opportunity to repent, in Joash's case he sent Jehoiada son, Zechariah who like his father was a godly man. But those who had the ear of Joash convinced him to kill Zechariah, who was acting on God's behalf. For this reason God turned on Joash and made the small army of Syria win over the large army of Judah.
What are the Idols of my life, what are the things I put before God? Why should I have anything that takes precedence over God? How should my life look each day as I live this principle out? How does our nation look when the Idols are removed? What are the Idols in our churches, in our schools, in our homes?

Lord, Help me to live humble, let me only gaze upon you. May the things of this world fade from my sight, may I only focus on you. Tear from my life the Idols I clutch, turn them to dust in my hand. Make my sight clear, may I Glorify you with my life.

No comments: