Friday, September 16, 2005

Not of this world

My reading today is from John 17 Jesus is praying to the Father, and of course explaining who he is. He is talking about how God the Father has given Jesus from the world some "whom you have sent". I know that by the grace of God, and only by his Grace I am one of them, but later Jesus talks about Us - "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. ". Wow, my protection is on the heart of God, but more so my desire should be not of this world also. Jesus then asks - "Sanctify them by Your truth, As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world". A great commission. As I dwell on this, I relies so much of my focus is on the world, and I bring Glory to God by my focus becoming part of His focus. But How do I know his focus, but to put those words onto my heart. How can I live my life as if I was a stranger, an alien in an alien world.
I do struggle with much, but I know that Jesus has bigger, and better plans for each of us, bigger and better than we can imagine. We must First trust, that he will guide us, and lead us to where we need to be. Also, we must depend on Him each day, trusting he will protect us from "The Evil One" and from the world which hates us. Do I live my life in such a way that people know that I'm not part of the world? Do I focus too much on the earthly treasures, and not focus on the ones stored up in Heaven? How should an Alien live his\her life on an alien planet?
Just my thoughts for today

No comments: